I love reading long-form articles all week long, and some of them are just begging to be shared. Here are a few of my favorite stories I came across last week:
- Does anyone else love love love reading Texas Monthly? They have the BEST long-form features about crime and I pray that one day they might pay me to write about a banger case like this throwback, which is at once a Heathers flashback and a reminder that teens are terrifying.
- After celebrating the impact DNA technology has had on cold murder cases, this article from the NYT was a sobering reminder that while some tech advancements can help to catch murderers, some tech gets hijacked by abusers to gaslight their victims in their own homes.
- But then again, other technology is helping law enforcement to better prosecute the people charged with domestic abuse, even in situations when the victim declines to participate.
- Now that the Staircase is on Netflix, everyone and their mom (and my mom) can weigh in on the Owl Theory. Thanks, Wired, for bringing some experts to the table.
- BRB gotta go watch this documentary ASAP.